CDF Capital Foundation provides many services to individuals striving to be excellent Christian stewards. Explore how the Foundation can serve your family through estate planning, planned and tax-advantaged giving strategies, and Donor Advised Funds below.
CDF Capital Foundation helps individuals design a quality estate plan from a Biblical stewardship perspective. Whether you have a plan that needs to be reviewed and updated, or you need to create your first plan, we are eager to help. This proven-effective guidance follows a four-step process of:
- Setting Priorities–Following Biblical principles
- Learning Planning Strategies & Tools–Legal Documents (wills, trusts, powers of attorney), Charitable Tax-planning, Planned Giving Resources
- Gathering Necessary Data–The People and Property of your plan
- Working with Professionals–The team that will help prepare and execute a quality plan
The Foundation stands ready to assist you with educational information and to guide you through the steps above. We have guided thousands of families in the review or creation of new plans that meet their family’s needs and honor God. To start the process, fill out the contact form below and we will be in touch.
Planned and Tax-Advantaged Giving Strategies
When Christian stewards desire to increase their giving beyond gifts of cash, proven-effective planned and tax-advantaged strategies can be the perfect solution. Foundation services begin with an inventory of all available assets and then provide options for using non-cash, non-liquid assets to make gifts that can provide:
- Greater investment in Kingdom ministry–beyond what is possible through cash giving
- Lifetime income as needed–combining income needs with generosity desires
- Tax-advantages–deductions and avoidance
Planned and tax-advantaged giving strategies are particularly helpful when non-cash assets are appreciated in value or have accumulated beyond the income needs of the individual.
The Foundation stands ready to assist you with a comparative analysis of your giving opportunities through your non-cash assets. This service is especially helpful when you have opportunity to sell appreciated assets that will trigger taxation. To start the process, fill out the contact form below and we will be in touch.
Donor Advised Funds
The Donor Advised Fund is the fastest growing segment of American charitable giving. This flexible tool has many advantages for the giver with a low-cost point of entry. “It’s like a charitable checking account” said one generous giver. “You place assets in your fund, receive a charitable tax deduction and then recommend distributions to your favorite ministries.”
Donor Advised Fund advantages include the ability to:
- Simplify Record Keeping–The Foundation provides you with IRS-ready tax information; you can receive one tax receipt buy support multiple ministries.
- Receive an Immediate Tax Deduction–Contributions are tax deductible in the year they are made.
- Separate Tax Planning and Distribution Decisions–You realize immediate tax advantages and can recommend specific distributions to ministries later.
- Donate Appreciated Assets Tax-free–Assets gifted to your fund are sold by the Foundation and avoid any capital gains taxes you might have paid.
- Maximize the Deductibility of Your Gifts–In most instances, your deduction will be equal to the fair market value of the assets contributed to your fund.
The Foundation stands ready to serve your desire to maximize your generosity through gifting non-cash assets to your Donor Advised Fund. To begin the conversation, fill out the contact form below and we will be in touch.