Are you looking for a way to benefit your favorite charities both now and in the future? Would you like to simplify your annual and lifetime charitable giving?
A Co:Mission Giving Fund (a Donor Advised Fund) might be a great solution for you. You can use your Giving Fund to distribute gifts to numerous charities. With a Giving Fund, you can make gifts to charity during your lifetime, and when you pass away, your children (or others) can carry on your legacy of giving.
Benefits of CDF Capital Foundation Giving Fund
- Establish a flexible vehicle for annual charitable giving
- Benefit from a more tax and cost efficient alternative to a private foundation
- Obtain a charitable income tax deduction in the year of your gift
How A CDF Capital Foundation Giving Fund Works
- You make an initial, irrevocable gift of cash or stock to open your Giving Fund at CDF Capital Foundation — you can add gifts in the future.
- The assets in your Giving Fund grow tax-free.
- You make recommendations on gifts to be made from your Giving Fund.
- When you pass away, your children (or others) may recommend charitable gifts from your Giving Fund.
More on Donor Advised Funds
A Co:Mission Giving Fund has several advantages when compared to a private foundation. The start-up time and cost are minimal, and gifts to your Giving Fund are generally deductible at fair market value. A Co:Mission Giving Fund is also not subject to the distribution requirements and excise taxes faced by private foundations.